- Listed: January 3, 2015 3:41 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
If you have a spouse and children and are the main income earner of the family, you do not want to leave them in a position of hardship should anything happen to you. Yet without considering the purchase of a life insurance policy, this is a situation that could become a reality. Here are some things you need to know.
Make sure and only by life insurance from companies that are in a strong financial position. Rating agencies like Standard & Poor’s, Moody’s and others give ratings to insurance companies. Do not work with any company that does not have an “A” rating from these agencies to protect your investments.
Sometimes in life insurance, more coverage is actually cheaper. As the amount of coverage increases, the cost per thousand dollars of coverage will decrease. For some companies, the math works out such that buying a bigger policy actually costs you less per month in premiums. Always ask for price quotes for multiple levels of coverage when shopping for insurance.
When setting up a life insurance policy, be aware of the holder of responsiblity for the funds. The “adult payee” determination has no legal standing. Simply naming someone as the “adult payee” on behalf of someone else on a policy does not require the payee to spend those funds in care of the intended recipient.
Most life insurance companies require you to take a medical exam before they give you coverage. They look at blood pressure, cholesterol levels, an EKG of your heart rate activity, and many other indicators that reveal the presence of any type of disease or risk factors. You can perform better on the test, even put yourself into a higher rate class, by eating low-fat foods for the two days before your test. Drink extra water to maintain hydration, and avoid alcohol for three to four days ahead of the test. Also, make sure you get plenty of sleep for the week leading up to the exam.
Comparing policies is always your best bet. You will find that some companies are offering policies up to 40% cheaper than other companies. Compare costs by using an online service. The website should offer the option of including your medical history in computing the quote.
Do what you can to better your credit. The lower your credit score, the higher your monthly premiums could possibly be. This is due to the fact that a policy holder with a low score is seen as a high risk to the insurance company. This is what causes life insurance them to charge the higher premiums. It’s so they can offset the risk.
You need to find out if your life insurance policy is convertible. Some insurance carriers will allow you to transfer your policy to a different policy within a certain amount of time. It is important to always know what options are available to you and to make sure you always have coverage that fits your needs.
Making the necessary lifestyle changes can help you save money on your life insurance premiums. Remember that being a smoker, a drinker, being significantly overweight, or being in generally poor health altogether can result in higher monthly and yearly premiums, because the life insurance company sees you as a much bigger risk.
Consider term life insurance to provide education funds for your children. Especially if you are a single parent, term life insurance is a very affordable type of protection that can provide for college costs and other expenses for your children. Once your kids have finished their education, you can drop the coverage.
Make sure you have detailed health history information with you when you go for your life insurance medical examination. Often, you must provide details about prior surgeries, accidents, medication and dosage, existing conditions or other medical conditions. Having the information on hand makes the process quicker and simpler both for you and the examiner.
Now that you have a good grasp of the basics, it’s time to put that information to use. Remember what you have read and try to apply it to the life insurance plans that you evaluate. If you do that consistently, you’ll find a great plan that’s just what you need. Don’t put it off.
536 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Serena Macfarlan
- Member Since: October 30, 2014
Other items listed by Serena Macfarlan
- What To Know When Buying Life Insurance
- A Few Tips For Anyone Looking To Purchase Life Insurance
- Simple Advice To Make Buying Life Insurance A Breeze
- What Kind Of Policy Do I Need?
- Are You Thinking About Purchasing Life Insurance?
Popular Ads Overall
- View Your Business Increase With One Of These Suggestions (68384 views)
- Six Reasons Why You Are Still An Amateur At Best Citibank Credit Cards (65853 views)
- 5 Things To Demystify Citibank Bank (26074 views)
- Take Advantage Of Fb Login Sign In – Read These Eight Tips (17151 views)
- Fear? Not If You Use Hotmail.com Login The Right Way! (13663 views)
- You Will Thank Us – Seven Tips About How To Use Pinterst You Need To Know (11579 views)
- Easy Ways You Can Turn Hotmail.com Login Into Success (10831 views)
- Master The Art Of Gmail Log In With These 10 Tips (10750 views)
- How To Handle Every Yahoo Email Challenge With Ease Using These Tips (9995 views)
- The Little-Known Secrets To Facebook Login (9971 views)