- Listed: January 1, 2015 5:27 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Getting a life insurance policy does not have to be a daunting task. If you read the tips below, you will see that affordable, reliable life insurance can be easy to find. Our tips will show you life insurance the way to find the insurance that fits your personal needs and will save you the most money.
When creating a divorce settlement that requires one parent to maintain life insurance in order to keep custody of children, create the insurance policy before signing the divorce settlement. This speeds up the settlement process and insures that any kinks in the making of the insurance policy are dealt with before the custody issues.
Term life insurance is the most effective for a single parent. Whole life completely disregards the reason you are looking for insurance and that is to take care of your children in case of tragedy. Term life is much more affordable than whole life and it provides all of the protection you need to care for your family.
Try to lead a healthy lifestyle. The healthier you are the cheaper your life insurance will be as insurance providers assume that you will live longer. Remember, you will be expected to pay a high premium on a life insurance policy for anything that shortens your life expectancy, for example being overweight, smoking, taking certain medication, etc.
Buy the right amount of life insurance to cover all of your needs. Skimping on life insurance is not a good idea. Term insurance, especially, is very affordable, so make sure you get as much insurance as you need. For a rule of thumb, consider buying insurance that equals approximately 6 to 10 times your income.
Drop bad habits and get into good shape prior to opening a life insurance policy. If you are in good physical health, you are likely to get a better rate from your provider. Smoking, high cholesterol, blood pressure, as well as depression, can drive up your rates more than you would think.
Sometimes people with life insurance (whole-life, not term) feel like updating or changing their policies after a few years, especially when a company introduces a better policy. This is why it’s important to think first before getting into a commitment, because changing now could cost you your premium payments and policy. So you should avoid this.
Reassess your life insurance policy each year. Do not just buy it and forget about it. An increase or a decrease in your personal worth may cause you to want to reduce or increase your coverage. There are calculators online that can help you decide the amount of coverage to keep.
Use an online calculator to help you determine how much life insurance you need. Things to consider are the costs of supporting your spouse until he or she retires, paying for your children’s expenses until they graduate from college, and the cost of paying off your mortgage and automobiles.
Don’t ever lie on a life insurance policy application. While it may seem like a tempting idea to say, for example, that you don’t smoke when you do, lying on your application is grounds for your insurance coverage to cancel your policy when the deception is eventually uncovered. Tell the truth and shop around for the best price instead.
Choose permanent life insurance if you want to build cash value. Building cash value in a life insurance policy helps you have additional cash for the future. The insured can borrow the cash value at a low interest rate. They can also use it to pay the premiums. The cash grows tax-free, and some financial planners recommend it as a way to cover estate taxes as part of a comprehensive financial plan.
Because you are providing for your dependents in case of tragedy, you owe it to your family to do your research when you buy life insurance. Life insurance only pays out in tragic situations. You can help ameliorate the pain by learning all you can about life insurance and ensuring that your beneficiaries feel satisfied by the policies you select.
709 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Randal Baumann
- Member Since: December 7, 2014
Other items listed by Randal Baumann
- Get The Most Out Of Your Life Insurance With This Advice
- Protect Your Life With Insurance Advice And Tips
- A Guide To Life Insurance
- A Guide To Life Insurance
- Tips To Do Your Homework Before Buying A Life Insurance
Popular Ads Overall
- View Your Business Increase With One Of These Suggestions (68598 views)
- Six Reasons Why You Are Still An Amateur At Best Citibank Credit Cards (68490 views)
- 5 Things To Demystify Citibank Bank (27631 views)
- Take Advantage Of Fb Login Sign In – Read These Eight Tips (18597 views)
- Fear? Not If You Use Hotmail.com Login The Right Way! (14982 views)
- Master The Art Of Gmail Log In With These 10 Tips (14470 views)
- You Will Thank Us – Seven Tips About How To Use Pinterst You Need To Know (13575 views)
- Never Lose Your New Aol Email Account Again (12585 views)
- Easy Ways You Can Turn Hotmail.com Login Into Success (11343 views)
- How To Handle Every Yahoo Email Challenge With Ease Using These Tips (10605 views)